In this episode, Phillip Carter (@_cartermp) returns to continue our conversation about programming with F#. This time he’s talking to us about how to get started with web API programming with F#, and mentions a few web framework options. He also takes the time to dive into demos where we get to see what the development experience feels like.
- [01:10] – Options for web programming with F#
- [03:24] – F# with ASP.NET Core
- [17:35] – Developing with Giraffe
- [35:05] – Learning more about F# web programming
There are various options to choose from when it comes to web programming with F# and .NET. Here are a few frameworks to consider.
- ASP.NET Core: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/?view=aspnetcore-2.1
- Giraffe: https://github.com/giraffe-fsharp/Giraffe#getting-started
- Saturn: https://saturnframework.github.io/docs/guides/how-to-start/
- Suave: https://suave.io
- Freya: https://freya.io
Also, if you want to take a closer look at Phillip’s slide deck you can check it out on SlideShare: https://www.slideshare.net/PhillipCarter6/f-web-programming-options-for-net-core