Ready Player One: Oasis beta (2018), the free mini-game sampler with experiences inspired by Steven Spielberg’s latest film Ready Player One (2018), is finally on Steam, which includes support for HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Windows “Mixed Reality” VR headsets.
If you haven’t checked out our review on the movie, you can here.
Just like in the book/film, the Oasis beta launcher divides the universe into discrete ‘planets’:
- Planet Gauntlet – Navigate through a seemingly endless dungeon while the undead seek to destroy you. Collecting gold will improve your score and eating food will restore your health, but only your bow skills will ensure that you make it our alive. (Developed by Directive Games)
- Battle for the OASIS – Help to save the OASIS by defeating waves of IOI Sixers. Advance through the trenches of Planet Doom towards the snowy planes that surround Anorak’s Castle. With an arsenal of potent firepower, you must stop the Sixers from controlling the fate of the OASIS. (Developed by Steel Wool Studios)
- Rise of the Gunters – Fight against a nearly invincible army of highly trained IOI Sixers alone OR with up to two of your friends! Proceed with caution as you defeat Sixers, collect their coins, find power ups and survive a merciless onslaught of hyper-explosive kinetic action for as long as you can survive. The OASIS is yours. Take it back from IOI by yourself or with up to two fellow Gunters! (Developed by Drifter Entertainment Inc.)
- Smash – Smash is a futuristic and action-packed arcade game. In Smash, players step into a futuristic arena with powered-up paddles in each hand. The goal is to strike balls past opponents and block incoming shots on goal. The game adds obstacles and power-ups such as multi-balls and power-balls to up the pace and challenge. (Developed by Vive Studio’s 2 Bears Studio)
- There’s also a bespoke Avatar Creator from Morp3d so you can style yourself just like the ’80s retro-future-neo-noir-cyberpunk you always knew you were inside.Check it out for free on Steam here.
thanks you RSS link