ManageEngine has updated the cloud version of its flagship ITSM product, ServiceDesk Plus. With the ability to launch and manage multiple service desk instances on the go, organizations can now leverage proven IT service management (ITSM) best practices to streamline business functions for non-IT departments, including HR, facilities, and finance. Available immediately, the ServiceDesk Plus cloud version comes loaded with built-in templates unique to various business processes, giving users the flexibility to perform codeless customizations for quick and easy deployment of business services.
Within any organization, employees consume services provided by various departments on a daily basis. While each department offers unique services, the processes and workflows associated with those services follow a pattern similar to that of IT service management. However, organizations often implement ITSM workflows only within their IT department, seldom leveraging these ITSM best practices to manage service delivery across other departments.
Becoming a Rapid-Start Enterprise Service Desk
To date, ServiceDesk Plus has focused on providing ITSM best practices to the IT end of business. By discovering the common thread between the different service management activities within an enterprise, ServiceDesk Plus is now able to carry its industry-leading capabilities beyond IT. As an enterprise service desk, ServiceDesk Plus helps organizations instantly deploy ITSM solutions for their supporting business units by providing:
- Rapid deployment: Create, deploy, and roll out a service desk instance in less than 60 secs.
- Single enterprise directory: Maintain users, service desks, authentications, and associations in one place.
- Unique service desk instances: Create separate service desk instances for each business function and facilitate organized service delivery using code-free customizations.
- Service automation: Implement ITSM workflows to efficiently manage all aspects of the business service life cycle.
- Built-in catalog and templates: Accelerate service management adoption across departments by using prebuilt templates and service catalogs unique to each business unit.
- Centralized request portal: Showcase all the services that end users require using a single portal based on each individual’s access permissions.