- Omeq Medical, a medical device system targeting epidural injection complications, raised $1mm from private investors.
- Folloze, a content creation platform for sellers and marketers, raised $1.4mm from Cervin Ventures, NEA, and TriplePoint Ventures.
- Medi-Tate, a medical device company treating urethra and prostate disease, raised $4mm from private investors.
- ViDac Pharma, a drug discovery company focused on cancer treatment, raised $9mm led by Israel Biotech Fund, with participation from private angels.
In June we saw Social Media and Advertising Technology, Enterprise Solutions, and Security and Safety Technologies account for 59% of total funding.
Growth stage and seed stage each accounted for 13 deals, while Series A & B tallied 7 deals a piece.
June also saw heavy acquisition activity, with ten companies acquired (discussed below).
- Maglan, a company developing offensive cyber simulation, vulnerability countermeasures, cyber forensics and malware defenses with a focus on threat intelligence, was acquired by Accenture, a leading global professional services company, for an undisclosed sum.
- Binpress, a marketplace for commercial and open-source projects, was sold for $1mm to CodersClan, a marketplace for atomic code tasks
- Alvarian, a wireless infrastructure provider, was sold for $2mm to Supercom, a global leader of traditional and digital identity solutions.
- Bio Clean Air, offers advanced solutions to polluted air and odors treatment, was sold for $3.6mm to GES, a global leader in design, construction, and operation for industrial water treatment.
- Funtactix, an online game developer/publisher, was sold for $10mm to Playtech, a leading software provider for online gaming operators.
- SteamRail, a video delivery platform for publishers, was sold for $15mm to Ironsource, a platform for software discovery, distribution, delivery, and monetization.
- ETView, a high-resolution video imaging system for medical professionals, was sold for $16mm to Ambu, a Danish company that develops, products, and markets diagnostic and life-supporting equipment to hospitals and rescue services.
- Optitex, a provider of 2D and 3D CAD/CAM and virtual prototyping solutions, was sold for $52.8mm to EFI, a digital imaging and print management solution for commercial and enterprise printing.
- Cloudlock, the leading Cloud Access Security Broker and Cybersecurity-as-a-Service provider, was sold for $293mm to Cisco, a worldwide leader in networking for the internet.
- MIS Implant, a global leader in developing and producing advanced solutions for implant dentistry, was sold for $375mm to Dentsply Sirona, the world’s largest manufacturer of professional dental products and technologies.
If you’d like to receive our weekly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.
thanks you RSS link