Welcome to the iAngels monthly deal digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This September we tracked 27 announced deals totaling $512M, including one significant round of $250M, closed by the ridesharing platform Via. On the M&A side, September saw only one exit, with Gigya being acquired by SAP for a reported $350M.
Read on for the full scoop!
September investment highlights
- Axonius, a platform that helps businesses manage all of their devices, has raised a $4M round led by YL Ventures, with participation from Vertex Ventures and Emerge Capital.
- ZenCity, an AI-based dashboard for local governments, has raised a $1.7M round, led by Canaan Partners with participation from i3 Equity Partners, GE Ventures, Pitango and others.
- RapidUI, a design-to-web platform that automatically turns PSD and Sketch files into fully-functioning websites has raised a $1M round from private investors led by Dr. Eyal Kishon, the founder of Genesys Partners.
- MyndYou, a company that has developed a system that tracks cognitive decline among seniors, has closed a $0.5M round led by led by Howard Lee Morgan, an American venture capitalist, with participation from Musketeer Capital and additional private investors.
Series A Round
- Zeitgold, a solution for financial administration of small businesses, has raised a $12M round led by Battery Ventures and Holtzbrinck Ventures.
- Augmedics, a developer of a smart surgical system based on augmented reality, raised a $8.3M round led by a Davos, Switzerland based AO Invest, Terra Venture Partners and other investors.
- Panoply.io, a developer of a smart data warehouse that easily transforms data into analytics, has raised a $7M round led by Intel Capital, with participation from previous investor Blumberg Capital.
- XVTEC, developer of a world-class video encoder has raised a $5M round led by Socionext.
- Siga, SCADA cyber security & anomaly detection solution, raised a $3.5M round led by Canadian venture capital fund Awz Homeland Security.
- Clinch Labs, a developer of a technology that would allow companies to create video ads personalized for each viewer, has raised $3M round led by Richard Gati, head of BXR Partners’ Singapore office.
- Fidmi, a developer of novel enteral feeding device, has raised a $2.25M round led by B. Braun Melsungen AG, with participation from The Trendlines Group Ltd., and Gordian Surgical Ltd.
- Yofix, a Plant-based Platform for Pro-biotic Foods, has raised $2M round led by Strauss Health and other private investors.
- ElastiMed, a developer of a smart sock, that improves circulation in the legs for the treatment of venous and lymphatic diseases, has raised $1M round led by previous investors Trendlines Group and Pix Vine Capital.
Series B Rounds
- MeMed, a developer of a solution that accurately distinguishes between bacterial and viral infections and reduces the use of antibiotics, has announced that it has raised a $30M, up to date from Horizon Ventures, Social Plus Capital, WTI and other investors.
- Aqua Security, a cybersecurity solution that protects containers that are used as the building blocks of the new coding environment, has raised a $25M round led by Lightspeed Venture Partners with participation from Microsoft Ventures, TLV Ventures and Shlomo Kramer.
- Magenta Medical, a company that offers a therapy aimed at managing congestion through fluid and salt removal, has raised a $15M round from Abiomed Inc., Pitango Venture Capital, Japanese venture capital firm JAFCO and other investors.
- Aquarius Engines, a developer of an economical and efficient engine, has raised a $10M round out of a planned $25M in the following year, from Glenrock investment company, Marius Nacht, Shlomo Elia, and other angels.
- DouxMatok, a company that has found a way to make sugar more efficient so people can eat less of it and still gets the same effect, has raised $8.1M round led by Pitango.
- Enlivex, a clinical-stage immunotherapy company, has raised a $10M round led by Korea Investment Partners (KIP) with participation from Hadasit Bio Holdings Ltd.
- EdenShield, a developer of natural, nontoxic products designed to protect crops against insect damage, has raised a $2M round led by Kibbuz Yotvata with participation from OurCrowd.
- Via, a ride-sharing platform has raised $250M round, Including the establishment of a joint venture with Daimler, which will launch dynamic shuttle transport services throughout Europe using Via’s technology.
- PlayBuzz, a digital content company that aims to help publishers create content for the “Snapchat generation,” has closed a $35M round led by Viola Growth with participation from existing investors including Disney, Saban Ventures, 83North, Carmel Ventures, firstime and Oded Vardi.
- Airobotics, a developer of autonomous drones for the enterprise sector, has raised a $32.5M round led by BlueRun Ventures China, with participation from Microsoft Ventures, OurCrowd and other investors.
- Talkspace, an online therapy company, has raised a $31M round led by Qumra Capital with the participation of existing investors including Norwest Venture Partners, Spark Capital, SoftBank, Compound Ventures and FirstTime.
- Elastifile, an enterprise cloud data management company, has raised $16M round led by Western Digital Capital.
- Colospan, a medical device company developing solutions for preventing clinical leaks, has raised $7.7M round led by Triventures Fund with participation from existing investors, Clal Biotechnology Docor and Amit Technion.
M&A and IPO
- Gigya, a company that helps online properties manage customer identities and profiles, was acquired by SAP for a reported $350M.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest. If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.
Avi Arnon is an analyst in the iAngels Investment Team. Prior to iAngels, Avi was a Privatization Director at the Israeli Ministry of Finance (MOF). Prior to the MOF, Avi was Assistant Controller at SundaySky and an Excel Consultant working with a range of companies, from early stage startups to publicly traded corporations, implementing financial Excel infrastructure