Welcome to the iAngels monthly Deal Digest, a summary of movements in the Israeli startup market.
This month we are starting off 2018 with 19 announced deals totaling $235M, including 6 exits totaling $247M, including WeissBeerger, an iAngels portfolio company acquired by the world’s largest brewer for an estimated $80M.
Read on for the full scoop!
January 2018 Investment Highlights
- FieldIn, a developer of farm management software that monitors pesticide applications through a custom sensor, has raised a $4m second seed round co-led by Gal Ventures and VC Germin8 Ventures, with existing investor Terra Venture Partners also participating.
- SuperMeat, a food-tech startup that is developing lab-made chicken meat, has raised $3M in seed funding from New Crop Capital, and Stray Dog Capital, in addition to a strategic investment from PHW, one of Europe’s largest poultry producers.
- Pcysys, A company developing virtual hacker to make the act of penetration testing automatic and continuous, has raised $2.75M in Seed round led by AWZ Homeland Security.
- iagree, a developer of an online service that allows landlords to run background checks on potential tenants, digitally sign a contract and enjoy bank guarantees, has raised $1M in seed funding led by Singapore-based venture capital firm, Pix Vine Capital.
Series A Rounds
- AlgoSec, develops business-driven firewall and security policy management products, has raised $36M from private equity fund Claridge Israel.
- Pipl Search, a search engine for background checks has raised $19M from growth stage venture capital firm, IGP Lichtman and Shani Ltd.
- BigID, a developer of a solution to protect and manage personal data, has raised $14M in Series A funding from ClearSky Security, Comcast Ventures and the SAP.iO Fund, with participation from previous investors, including BOLDstart Ventures.
- VDOO, a company securing IOT, has raised a $13M financing round led by 83North with participation from Dell Technology Capital and other investors.
- Hysolate, a developer of hybrid endpoint architecture, has raised an $8M financing round led by cybersecurity foundry, Team8 and Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors.
- QuantumRGB, a developer of a 3D biometric signature, based on a person’s body size and posture, has raised a $4M financing round led by Moonbow and other investors.
- APG Aero Systems, a developer of a new unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), has completed a $3M financing round from private investors.
- Valooto, a customer engagement and sales platform has closed a $3M Series A round, led by Cornerstone Venture Partners with participation from Shaked Ventures.
Series B Rounds
- Nexar, a dashcam recording app that uses artificial intelligence to analyze road conditions and warn of hazardous events, has raised $30M in a series B round led by Ibex Investors, with participation from Alibaba Innovation Ventures, Mosaic Ventures, Nationwide Insurance, Aleph, Slow Ventures, True Ventures, and Tusk Ventures.
- Hippo insurance, a company that uses modern technology to provide home insurance, has raised a $25M Series B round led by Comcast Ventures and Fifth Wall.
- Bringg, a delivery logistics platform that offers Amazon/Uber visibility to deliveries, has raised $12M in Series B funding, from Dr. Shmuel Harlap, shipping and real estate magnate Eyal Ofer, and Salesforce Ventures.
- Centerity, a developer of advanced performance analytics and business services management (BSM) for complex technology environments (IT & IoT), has raised $10M in funding from Merlin International.
- Airobotics, a developer of a fully automated drone solution, used for collecting data and gaining aerial insights, has closed a $32.5M financing round led by BlueRun Ventures China, with participation from Microsoft Ventures and OurCrowd.
- EZBob, an online lending platform, has raised approx $28M in Series C funding led by Leumi Partners and Oaktree Capital Management.
- Origami Logic, a provider of marketing performance measurement solutions, has raised a $15.2m financing round co-led by Viola Ventures and Saban Ventures, with participation from existing investors.
M&A and IPOs
- Sol-Gel Technologies, developer of a non-antibiotic product for treating acne, has raised $75M at an IPO, reflecting a $225M post money company value.
- WeissBeerger, a developer of IoT analytics tools for the beer and beverage industry, was acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev, world’s largest brewer, for an estimated $80M.
- IBR (Israeli Biotechnology Research Ltd.), a developer of a proprietary natural active ingredient for the cosmetics industry was acquired by Frutarom Industries Ltd., a food flavors and specialty ingredients company for approximately $21M.
- Accurate Medical Therapeutics, which specializes in the development of microcatheters used in interventional radiology, was acquired by French medical imaging company Guerbet for a reported Euro 57M.
- N2WS, an enterprise backup and disaster recovery firm focused on AWS workloads, was acquired by Veeam, a backup, disaster recovery, and virtualization management firm, for a reported $42.5M.
- Bisec, developer of a virtual “cyber expert” dubbed “Bibot”, that helps teams to collaborate on pressing security issues, was acquired by UST Global, an American multinational provider of IT services and solutions, for an estimated $5.8M.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest. If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.
Avi Arnon is an analyst in the iAngels Investment Team. Prior to iAngels, Avi was a Privatization Director at the Israeli Ministry of Finance (MOF). Prior to the MOF, Avi was Assistant Controller at SundaySky and an Excel Consultant working with a range of companies, from early stage startups to publicly traded corporations, implementing financial Excel infrastructure
thanks you RSS link