Welcome back to the iAngels monthly deal digest! This February we tracked 24 announced deals totaling $237m, alongside 11 acquisitions for a disclosed $321m.
Read on for the full scoop!
- Testcraft, a continous test automation software, raised $1m from serial software entrepreneurs.
- BFrow, a tool for fashion and lifestyle blogging,raised $3.2m from private investors.
- Kado, a company developing ultra-light chargers for phones and laptops, raised a $1.2m round led by AltaIR Capital.
- Exceed.ai, a chatbot platform for sales and marketing, raised $1.5m from Glilot Capital Partners.
- Shopiz, a social shopping eCommerce platform, raised $2m led by Ron Zuckerman and other private investors.
- CodeMonkey, a gaming platform helping people learn how to code, raised $1.5m led by J21 Corporation with participation from Japan’s EduLab, and Singapore’s Invictus Capital.
- Cannabi-Tech, a provider of lab-grade medical cannabis quality control testing systems , raised $1m from the Agrinnovation fund and Arba Finance.
Series A Rounds
- Intuition Robotics, the maker of an autonomous active aging companion, raised $6m from Bloomberg Beta, iRobot Ventures, and Terra Ventures.
- Empow Networks, a cybersecurity start-up helping organizations investigate and mitigate advanced attacks in real-time, raised $9m from private investors.
- Javelin Networks, an AI platform protecting active directories and preventing breaches, raised a $5m round led by RSL Venture Partners with participation from Hillsven, Upwest Labs, and Tomer Weingarten, the CEO of SentinelOne.
- Intensix, a platform pioneering analytical tools for ICU management, raised $8.3m led by Pitango, with participation from Rhon-Klinikum.
- Zeitgold, an end-to-end financial solution for cafes, restaurants, and small retailers, raised $4.5m from Battery Ventures and Holtzbrinck Ventures.
- Spotad, an adtech start-up using AI to deliver mobile ads, raised $3.5m from Hong Kong-based VLTCM.
- SecuredTouch, a mobile security start-up developing behavior-based identification solutions, raised $3.5m in a round led by RDSeed with participation from Eshbol, Wellborn Ventures, and Swarth Group.
Series B Rounds
- Fortscale, a behavioral analytics platform for cyberintelligence, raised $7m from Evolution Equity Partners, Valor Capital, and existing investors.
- Credifi, a cloud-based analytics solution for the commercial real estate market, raised $13m from Battery Ventures, Carmel, and Liberty.
- Intsights, a cybersecurity company defending against cyber threats emanating from the dark web, raised $15m from Clearsky Ventures, Glilot Capital Partners, Blumberg Capital, Wipro, and Vintage Investment Partners.
- Chorus.ai, a system that extracts insights from recorded sales calls to help increase conversions, raised $16m, led by Tom Tunguz at Redpoint.
- Pharma Two B, a drug development company targeting Parkinson’s disease and cancer, raised $30m led by Israel Biotech Fund, Crossroad, aMoon Partners, and JK&B.
- VATBox, a software solution for automatic VAT reclaim, raised $20m from Target Global and Viola Growth.
- SAManage, a cloud-based customer service software company, raised $20m from Salesforce1, Marker, Vintage, Gemini, and Carmel.
- MinuteMedia, a platform that allows fans to create their own sports media, raised $15m led by Qumra Capital, with participation from existing investors.
- Exabeam, a cybersecurity start-up that detects and responds to cyberattacks, raised $30m in a round co-led by Lightspeed and Cisco, with participation from NVP, Icon Ventures, Aspect Ventures, and Shlomo Kramer.
- Trax, the world leader in image recognition for retail, raised $19.5m led by Investec and Broad Peak Master Fund.
- Wise Data Media, an ad monetization platform, was acquired by Whitesmoke, a digital marketing and ad services company, for $5.3m.
- Nurego, a business operations solution for industrial and technology companies, was acquired by GE for an undisclosed amount.
- ClicksMob, a mobile performance advertising network, was acquired by Webpals for $5.5m.
- Skyfence, an intrusion detection software for enterprises, was acquired by Forcepoint for an undisclosed amount.
- Servotronix Motion Control, a manufacturer of motion control automation solutions, was acquired by Midea for $170m.
- Realface, a facial recognition solution, was acquired by Apple, in what appeared to be an acqui-hire.
- Talent Biotechs, a developer of proprietary cannabidiol therapeutics, was acquired by Kalytera for $10m.
- Landa Nanometallics, a novel metal printing technology, was acquired by Altana for an undisclosed amount.
- Finupp, an online tool that allows taxpayers to check their eligibility for tax refunds, was acquired by iGroup for an undisclosed amount.
- Aditor, an ROI optimization solution for advertisers, was acquired by Playtika for an undisclosed amount.
- LightCyber, a leading provider of behavioral attack detection solutions was acquired by Palo Alto Networks for $130m.
On behalf of everyone at iAngels, I’d like to thank you for tuning into our deal digest.
If you’d like to receive our monthly digest in your inbox, please subscribe below.
thanks you RSS link