Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic re-routing based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
• Don217;t miss a turn or exit with lane guidance
• Find pit stops along your route like gas stations and coffee spots
Discover places and explore like a local
• Find top-rated restaurants and local businesses, wherever you are
• Decide on the best places to go with reviews, ratings, and pictures of foods and interiors
• Plan your visit and see menus, make reservations, and find when places are typically busiest
• Help others discover the best places by sharing reviews, photos and more
• Save places you want to or often visit, and quickly find them later from any computer or device
Experience the Google Maps difference
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
• Comprehensive, accurate maps in 220 countries and territories
• Transit schedules and maps for over 15,000 cities
• Detailed business information on over 100 million places
* Some features not available in all countries
**Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What’s New in Version 4.42
Thanks for using Google Maps! This release brings:
– A beautiful redesign of our map featuring updated colors and styling
– An easier way to view the impact of your reviews in the contributions tab
– The ability to filter by trains or buses in the Transit Departures widget
Update to the latest version to see all the available Google Map features.
I use it almost everyday and I love updating the map that’s adding new places that does not exist on the map, making amendment to the existing ones and adding images. My concern is that some approvals takes a very long time and I will like to know why that’s the case because after adding a new place I will need it to be approved before adding the pictures I took of the place. When this takes a very long time I end up losing trace of the pictures I took to be updated on the map. I will also like to suggest if a search can be included in the edit area to help go through the items there quickly. I hope my concerns raised will be attended to thank you!
By far the best
I tried to like Apple maps. I truly do enjoy the simplicity and the ability to just tell Siri where I want to go. It’s also nice to be able to lock your phone and see updates from the screen saving at least some battery life.
However Apple maps is months-years out of date. This is where google really shines is they are quick on updating things as roads change and I’ve never had a wrong address. Only wish you could use Siri and get directions on this by default.
Why Oh Why Did I Update?!
Before the previous update my Google Maps ran perfectly. Then the update came and I thought “OK. Improvements on something that that works perfectly fine. Maybe it could be better. After all, we could all use improvements in our lives.” Well, I was wrong!!! I travel a lot and the updates are a pain in the *#%! It shows that I am in the middle of somewhere I am not. It takes forever to figure out where I am at. Comes up in a language I don’t speak. And is late giving me real time info. Seriously, I really need to stick to “If it ain’t broke….” But that red marker on my apps tab was getting on my nerves. I am going to reign in my OCD and ignore the new updates *%#¥ from now on.