2017 was a legendary year for us in Global Alliances. We achieved 28% growth year-over-year. More business is flowing through Global Alliances than ever before. And the results are not a fluke. We’re aligned to customer demands including Digital, IT, Workforce and Security Transformation. On behalf of the entire Global Alliances team, I say a huge THANK YOU to all of you!
But we cannot rest, as the pace of change is relentless. We must accelerate our success. This week at Global Partner Summit I articulated our Global Alliances Acceleration Strategy. This four point strategy is what I often refer to as our incremental agenda. If we commit together, we can truly accelerate success.
Global Alliances Acceleration Strategy
- Standardize – You have to make a bet on partners to standardize on, and we want you to bet on us. We know we need to earn that right to eliminate the white space, and we are up for the challenge. With Dell Technologies, our partners have access to incredible technologies and a sales organization with multiple specialties. We want to underpin your GTM and as-a-service offerings by taking advantage of these technologies. When you have an end-to-end Dell Technologies stack we can go to battle with you and win the war. You’ve heard a number of tremendous announcements this week around our portfolio. Learn everything you can about these products and services. This is our opportunity.
- Expand – We must capture new and incremental business, from new logos, expanding in underpenetrated accounts, breaking into new verticals and driving a transformation motion within our current customers. Know our ASD organization, and leverage them to drive the sales to sales “at the street” relationships we need to win new business.
- Scale – Speaking of the Dell Technologies portfolio, we must continue to scale across our Strategically Aligned Businesses, and create dedicated practices – harnessing your great people and our enabling technologies. The powerful combination is how we will help customers address Digital, IT, Workforce and Security Transformation.
- Leverage – We know that the IT industry is a complicated web, with fierce competition and cooperating at the same time. Nobody can deliver everything, but no one also has the portfolio like Dell Technologies. But our partners can also benefit from each other through Cloud Partner Connect, connecting Service Providers and Solution Providers to deliver as-a-service offerings to customers.
With this acceleration strategy in place, we have the beginnings of a recipe for success. But we need to fuel the growth engine, and it all starts with a mutual plan. I might sound like a broken record by now, but I’ve said time and time again that we don’t prioritize partners, we prioritize plans. As you review your Partner Growth Plans, I encourage all of our partners to consider the following:
- Understand the acceleration strategy and align your plan accordingly
- Ensure you understand our entire Dell Technologies portfolio and are leveraging our Strategically Aligned Businesses, both our portfolio and sellers
- We have invested significant resources into creating training to help you. Take these trainings, and if you feel like you’re missing something, scream loud and early
- Stay aligned to our Global Alliances sales teams, whose sole responsibility is to engage with our core sellers.
We have the technology, the people and the plan in place to accelerate success together. Let’s make 2018 even more legendary than last year. This is our time for the taking, and it’s going to be incredible. And remember, the big won’t eat the small, but the fast WILL eat the slow. Let’s accelerate!